5 images that explain why you should join the clean air revolution
by Rebecca Barnett
Hopefully, you’re already aware that Scott Lloyd-Owen and I are co-presenting a webinar next week called ‘It’s in the air: Time to reVAMP your massage practice‘. This brief blog post is my pitch to all massage therapists who have not yet registered to attend, especially those of you who are still in the sanitising surfaces phase of the COVID pandemic.
Here are 5 images that I think are powerfully persuasive arguments for ensuring that all massage therapists prevent transmission of COVID by employing clean air protocols in the massage therapy clinical context.
1. COVID is on track to become the number 1 killer in Australia in 2022, outstripping dementia and ischaemic heart disease. Clearly, the current vaccines-only strategy employed by our Federal, State and Territory governments is leading to preventable suffering, illness and death.
2. COVID does not just impact the respiratory tract.
3. The CDC estimates that 1 in 5 people may now have a health condition related to COVID infection. According to official figures, there has been 7,723,888 cases of COVID in Australia to date. That is already potentially 1 1/5 million people facing long COVID. Every infection you prevent in the massage clinical context not only prevents onward transmission of acute illness but may prevent another person dealing with the serious health impacts of long COVID.
4. The latest Omicron lineages are adversely impacting very young children.
5. Breakthrough deaths (after vaccination) are increasing both in Australia and globally. Vaccines have played a crucial role in preventing serious illness and death, but Omicron and its sub-lineages have mutated to become more immune evasive, which means the virus is getting around the protections offered by both vaccination and so-called “natural immunity”. Until we have a sterilising vaccine, which prevents COVID transmission, clean air and other related mitigations such as respirator masking are crucial tools in preventing ongoing mass disruption, illness and death.
So come join Scott and I on the evening of Wednesday 22nd June as we guide you through how you can enter the rarefied ranks of AMT’s clean air clinic stars. Go on. Register now. We promise to make things entertaining and fun!
About the Author
Rebecca Barnett loves her CO2 monitor with a fierce transcendent passion. She is not so enamoured of writing blog bios but self-referentiality always offers a cheap and nasty workaround. She also deeply regrets this unwelcome earworm. It was traumatic enough enduring n +1 episodes of Countdown back in the day.